Choosing The Right Digital Transformation Partner
Choosing the right Digital Transformation Partner
The field of digital transformation is an extremely crowded one. You have probably read about business strategy and digital transformation roadmaps from more experts than you care to remember. Is there a quick and easy way to match business strategy to the right digital transformation partner?
Yes there is. But before we do that, it is important to understand what businesses really want.
They want to:
- Build revenue streams - increase the top line
- Reduce costs- increase bottom line
- Be compliant with all relevant governance, risk and compliance regimes
- In addition to these, companies also desire two other things:
- Innovation- either create new products and services or if competitors have done so, then copy fast
- Making their customers happy
For most companies, the last two will not be at the cost of the first three. Rather, creating innovative products and services can lead to happy customers, whose experience is enhanced or improved by the new offerings that differentiate the business from its competitors.
Enterprise Digital transformation
So what does enterprise digital transformation have to do with what companies really want in terms of selecting the right digital transformation framework?
If we understand the things that drive the actions and operations of a company at a fundamental level, then it is also clear that the new digital business paradigm has meant that there are clear winners, which are the born digital companies. Other than these clear winners, there are other companies, which were not born digital natives, but have successfully implemented a digital transformation roadmap and have established clear leadership and market shares in their respective industries and domains.
For the rest of the companies, there is no option but to quickly catch up.
How do you catch up?
You could engage a big, prestigious consulting company to charge you a lot of money and tell you what you already know. They will draw up a big, complex digital transformation framework that may or may not be relevant or customized to your business. The other option is to select companies that are actually able to implement your digital transformation roadmap for you.
So how does a successful digital transformation partner look like?
- They have a clear idea about what it means to do digital transformation consulting, for your specific industry
- They will have demonstrable successes in working with a number of customers within those specific industries
- They are not just Powerpoint warriors. In other words, they have software IP, which they can bring to deploy and orchestrate, to accelerate your digital transformation roadmap and reduce the risks of the implementation and accelerate or compress the timelines to the end-state
The Powerpoint warriors also have IP, just that it is not the kind that will ultimately help you. Their IP is limited to Impressive Presentations and a handful of veterans ( you know, the 30+ years, global experience type), whose profiles look impressive. But what are the chances that those few experts will work with your business on a digital transformation framework?
You will find many companies talk about providing ‘digital transformation consulting ‘. This simple framework will help you test their claims effectively.
May you find the right digital transformation partner you are looking for, the future of your business will depend on it.
To know more about accelerating your Digital Transformation roadmap click here